State Authorization

Rowan Global academic programs are designed to help our students attain the credentials needed to reach their personal and professional goals in a way that accommodates their busy schedules. Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships also offers graduate and undergraduate degree completion programs on Rowan University's conveniently located Glassboro and Camden, NJ campuses as well as several off-campus locations in the Southern New Jersey region. Visit our Academic Programs page to learn more about our program and course offerings.


Enrolling in one of these programs?



At Rowan University, distance education programs include…


  • 100% online or hybrid (combination of online and face-to-face class instruction) programs

  • Online programs with field experiences, practica, externships, internships


If yes, then this affects you.




Rowan University disclosure of compliance


Rowan University is required to comply with state and federal laws regarding the delivery of distance education. Effective May 3rd, 2017, Rowan University has been approved as a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) member institution and can offer distance education courses and programs to residents of other SARA member states without pursuing state-by-state compliance.


  • Exception—California, Florida, Massachusetts, and the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)

    • Rowan University has individual state authorization agreements with California and Florida approving us to offer online programs to students who reside in these states.

    • Students who reside in either Massachusetts or CNMI can inquire for more information from Rowan Global Learning and Partnerships Student Services by emailing



New Jersey participation in State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)



State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) logo The New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) has approved New Jersey as a member state to participate in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). More information about this relationship can be found on the NJ Department of Higher Education website.