Notice to Students
Rowan Online Immersion (called ROI) is a training course designed to onboard students taking online or hybrid courses for the first-time at Rowan University. The course takes approximately 1 hour and can be completed at the student's own pace (does not require the student to be online at a specific date or time). Topics covered include:
- what to expect in a Rowan Online or Hybrid course,
- technology overview,
- obtaining support, and
ROI is a mandatory for any course whose session is listed as Online or Hybrid.
- Students must complete the course and its final quiz in order to receive a passing grade. You only need to take and pass ROI ONCE!
- Failure to complete the course by the end of the semester will result in re-enrollment into ROI in the future.
ROI will have official start and end dates that match those of the official term (semester) in which the section is offered. The course must be completed no later than the end date of the term in which you are enrolled. Students are strongly advised to complete the course prior to the start of their online or hybrid courses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is ROI – Rowan Online Immersion?
- ROI is the primary training course for all students new to online and hybrid classes at Rowan University. Topics covered include: what to expect in an online course, technology overview, obtaining support, and policies. The course is offered in Rowan Online’s Learning Management System (Canvas), giving the student the opportunity to be immersed in the online learning environment prior to his/her first course. It will also have additional (optional) training resources for all online tools and technologies.
- Is ROI Required?
- Yes. All students who will register for an online or hybrid course at any level (undergraduate or graduate) will automatically be enrolled into ROI. Once you complete ROI with a passing grade, you will not have to take it again while you remain an active student at Rowan
- Can I Opt Out of taking ROI?
- There is no option to opt out of ROI. Students benefit by being oriented to the expectations of online courses at Rowan University.
- When can I take ROI?
- In most cases, you can take it within 24 to 48 hours or registering for your first online or hybrid course. Enrollment is automatic based on registration. Check your dashboard in the Learning Management System (Canvas) to see if the course is available.
- How long will it take me to complete ROI?
- The course will take approximately 1 hour and can be completed at the student’s own pace (does not require the student to be online at a specific date or time).
- Is there an instructor teaching the ONL00100 course?
- No. ROI is a self-paced, self-service training course. Students who have questions regarding the content should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Is ROI graded?
- Yes. You must complete the final quiz with a perfect score. You have unlimited attempts (without penalty) to do so. Your score is recorded into a database and reports of student completion of ROI are provided to faculty and advisors.
- What happens if I don’t complete the ROI course?
- Students who do not receive a perfect score on the final quiz in the ROI course by the end of the semester will be re-enrolled into ROI in a future semester.
- Is there technical support for ROI?
- Yes. Students enrolled in ROI have access to support services. Conact email@example.com or call 856-256-4400 for assistance. More details about technical support are posted on the Rowan Online Portal Support and Technology page.