About Rowan Online Immersion
Rowan Online Immersion (called ROI) is a free training tutorial provided in the Rowan Canvas learning management system. It is designed to prepare students taking online or hybrid courses for the first-time at Rowan University. Students who have taken online courses at other institutions are encouraged to take ROI so that they become familiar with Rowan's online learning and technology. The course takes approximately 1 hour to complete and can be completed at the student's own pace, meaning that this course does not require the student to be online at a specific date or time. There are no live sessions, nor is there an instructor managing the course.
Key topics covered include:
- What to expect in a Rowan Online or Hybrid course.
- Technology and support overview.
- Important policies and resources.
All students taking online or hybrid courses are encouraged to enroll to ensure success using Rowan's online learning platforms. For the best chance of success, Rowan Online recommends that students complete the tutorial prior to starting their first online or hybrid course. Once a student has successfully completed the ROI tutorial, it is not necessary to take it again while they are an active student a Rowan University.
How to Self-Enroll
Any current student with an active Rowan NetID can enroll into ROI at any time. Click the ROI Enrollment Link (opens in a new window). You may be required to log into Canvas with your Rowan NetID. You will be asked to confirm your enrollment. You can then choose to be taken into the tutorial or you can view it on your dashboard in Canvas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is ROI Required?
- No. As of April 1, 2021, ROI is no longer required for any student. For the best chance of student success in the online learning environment, the tutorial is strongly recommended for all students, including those who have taken online courses at other institutions.
- When can I take ROI?
- You can self-enroll into ROI at anytime. All you need is a Rowan NetID to access Canvas. Please see the "How to Self-Enroll" section above for details.
- How long will it take me to complete ROI?
- The course will take approximately 1 hour to complete and can be completed at the student’s own pace. It does not require the student to be online at a specific date or time.
- Is there an instructor teaching the ROI course?
- No. ROI is a self-paced, self-service training course. There is no instructor managing the course. There are no live sessions to attend. Students who have questions regarding the content should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Is ROI graded?
- No, it is not graded and it does not appear on your transcript. Students who take the final quiz and receive a perfect score will be tracked for the purpose of tracking completion. You have unlimited attempts (without penalty) to take the final quiz and receive a perfect score.
- What happens if I don’t complete ROI?
- There is no penalty or consequence for students who do not complete the ROI tutorial.
- Is there technical support for ROI?
- Yes. Students enrolled in ROI have access to support services. Contact email@example.com or call 856-256-4400 for assistance. More details about technical support are posted on the Rowan Online Portal Support and Technology page.